Thursday, December 24, 2009

Not Good Blogging Space

Well, I'm not getting started on the blog posts as well as some of the students. It has been impressive, you guys, how many of you are producing really good entries.

I’m far to the north in Michigan, staying with my sister and her husband, their big dog Ruby, in the snow and cold. I have no internet access, so I’m doing what some of you have done, using Word to construct, then hoping to get to an internet cafĂ© for access. I’m sure I’ll be able to get posted, but I’m afraid I won’t be able to keep up with commenting on the posts of others.


It has been sobering to return to Michigan and see the results of an economy severely damaged by unemployment. Talking with brother-in-law Art, the whole of his small city has been greatly effected by closings of some industries and layoffs in others. Having a steady job I enjoy for the past two decades has been something I've taken for granted. Next year will be so different.

No comments: