Friday, October 23, 2009

Typical Tourist Purchase

So I feel it's like one of those tee shirts with the message printed on the front, "My parents went to Vegas and all I got was this lousy shirt." We have been in some of the finest stores in Vancouver, seen some very nice clothes and other toys, none really that expensive, but in the end all I bought myself was a baseball cap with a Canadian logo on the front. Still, it is fun to wear, but cost twice as much as the jacket I got at the used clothing store. :-)

Most of Thursday was quite nice, and that made it great for walking, walking, and more walking. It is so pleasurable to be in cool air, an unpolluted city and have walking space with real live sidewalks. I'll bet most take these things for granted, but we from Indonesia do not. I am not going to whine on about Jakarta, but only appreciate what I am enjoying this week in Canada.

I wish more students were using their blogs over break, but maybe that will come with more opportunities. Along with that, B and I had a great discussion about our recent movie making process. I'm thinking I only did one thing right, decide to make movies. From then on, made a considerable number of wrong or hurried decisions. This will get much, much better.

No comments: