Saturday, October 24, 2009

Vancouver, BC, A Very Easy City

One of the great things about visiting a new city is finding my way around. Certainly buying a map is a first day project, then spending hours all week being oriented follows. It is especially enjoyable when the city has a well developed bus and metro line, and this is very true with Vancouver, British Columbia. The buses are numerous and very clean. The operators and patrons are polite and helpful. Nobody seems to be in a rush to the point of making you feel like you are holding them up. The Canada Line is the newest of the public works, only in operation for the last 6 weeks. I took this video from the front of the first car. Pretty cool, I think.


Vancouver hosts the Winter Olympics in a couple of months. I believe public transportation was a consideration when the city was selected, but the clean, easy and fast metro they've built since that decision makes the city a joy to wander around. Vancouver has a reputation of being a great place to spend time, and I completely agree. I will come back to this city again, for sure.

This will be my last posting from Vancouver. We must be to the airport around midnight to catch a 2.00 am flight to Hong Kong, then Jakarta. This has been a great holiday, but it will be ok to be back home again as well. Home is good.

2 comments:

gillian said...

Good Video.
I posted a new video of me in a waterfall so check it out it is cool!

Maya ♥ said...

Wow. That was soooo cool! You really liked Vancouver, ya? You also liked that moment so much that you had to take a video even though little kids were talking and people were coughing and stuff. Nice!! -Your Happy Friend- Happy Bunny XD