Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday Night - The Best of All?

Tonight I sit in my big chair, as physically comfortable and mentally relaxed as I can be.

It was a good day at school with more finishing videos that I'd hoped 24 hours ago.The students do such good work if you just stay out of the way and let them at it. I hope more can get them posted so their parents can see them.

Added to the academic success was the joy and volume that is Middle School Madness. I thought there was more excitement this year, more effort into developing and performing cheers, than in years past. I clearly noticed in Q2, with students more than once sent outside to rehearse their loud cheers. It is difficult to be angry with students who are 'overly excited' by school activities.

What is really nice about the first night of a holiday period is being finished with professional responsibilities and a full, empty holiday week stretching out before. How nice is that? It looks like a canvas without a drop of paint applied. Each day will be building the art that will be this holiday's memories. I look forward greatly to each day.

No comments: