Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Launch That Holiday

Day 1, hour 1 of a much anticipated break for Bindu. The VPA concert is behind, and all compliments on student performance very well deserved. She and the entire Visual and Performing Arts department can be happy with the results.

We lift off via Singapore Airlines today for Bangalore. This is the only part of the next 3 weeks we view with a serious eye as Bindu's father will be having surgery later today to remove a growth in his lung. The prognosis for a complete recovery is excellent, yet still, a surgery of this kind at 80 is enough for more than one concerned look. We anticipate good news and are putting all our energy in that direction.

I've never attempted to blog a holiday before, one where we will be doing significant moving from place to place. Still, if it's a priority, it can get done to some degree. It will motivate me to look at the world around me for a little more detail knowing I'm committing to this task. :-)

2 comments:

Nora Trapp said...

Dear mr.Hughes,

I hope he'll feel better soon. I also hope you have a great break! The VPA was amazing to be apart of! I really liked the drama act with the glowing hands! It was perfect timing and it looked amazing! Unfortunetly I wasn't part of it. I was in band, I think we played good, but we could've been more prepeared and organized. But we'll definitely step it up for he band festival in February.

Have fun

Valentina said...

WOw! Hes 80! Hope it all ends alright!