Thursday, June 24, 2010

Vacation Has Begun

Summer means work in gardens. In the past I've been the fully employed volunteer at Kleppers' place in Michigan. Now with a change in venue, Michigan to Colorado, I've found things to do in Erwins' yard. This trimming of rose bushes and clean out flower beds may look like work, but it really is an enjoyable activity.

Having friends like Jim and Judy is a real blessing. In good times they are great fun, and in times less than good, they are a consistent, valued comfort.

Trimming and cleaning gardens? The least I can do to repay friendship.

mh

2 comments:

kingdom of the green lip muscle god said...

Cant say Im much of a gardener although last year I started a vegetable patch, great to taste tomatoes, lettice and cabbage straight out of the ground. Its winter here so will need to plant again soon for spring

Valentina said...

I didnt know you were interested in gardening. I dont work with gardens, but Mommy and Grandma do. Grandma used to trim all our trees and bushes when we lived in Colombia. Whenever a plant is dying, they either pour water on them or change the soil. My sister and I helped plant all the trees in our graden in Colombia! Fun times!